Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Smoked Salmon Mousse!!!! WHAT?

Smoked Salmon Mousse
Trying Salmon Mousse
Ok, so to be honest the first time I read this recipe I really got frightened.  Only thing I could picture was salmon suspended in a congealed blob.  But, true to my word, I am fixing everything in her Southern Cooking Bible, so I sucked it up and made this appetizer.  The Salmon Mousse is extremely easy to make,  Throw the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. How much easier can you get?  Well anyways, I served this appetizer cold and served it with crackers and celery like our southern lady suggested.  So I made my roommate and my best friend try this with me.  We all were expecting the worse, and I hate to say that because I have never had anything bad Paula has made.  But in the end we were all pleasantly surprised and the Salmon mousse was actually pretty darn good.  It has a dip like texture. Who knew some salmon, mayo, liquid smoke and cream cheese could be this good?  Yet again, our lady Paula did not disappoint.  This just proved to me that I should never doubt the Queen of southern cooking.  She definitely knows her stuff.  I suggest everyone try this at least once.  

http://books.google.com/books?id=SEa1NJxPngAC&pg=PA35&lpg=PA35&dq=smoked+salmon+mousse+paula+deen&source=bl&ots=am-gJBaFh0&sig=nbrhyVKJhDPXb8zCoe-Rk7Swyrw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=RwscUpzTJKaR2QXQ4oCIDA&ved=0CIQBEOgBMAg#v=onepage&q=smoked%20salmon%20mousse%20paula%20deen&f=false
Find the recipe in Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible

8 comments:

  1. I live in the Wilmington area also and I am very fond of Paula's recipes. I see you are doing a really good job on these recipes. One of my favorite recipes is the Corn Casserole. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michele, Thanks for all the support, I haven't tried the corn casserole yet but I'm sure it's as awesome as all her other recipes.

      Delete
  2. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ENDEAVOR! YOU ARE DOING WHAT A LOT OF US WISH WE HAD TIME FOR! KEEP US POSTED-CANT IMAGINE YOU WILL COME ACROSS ANY OF HER RECIPES YOU WONT LIKE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the support, I really doubt I will find anything I don't like either, but the thought of the salmon mousse was a little scary when just thinking about what it would be like lol.

      Delete
  3. Fun that you are doing this....I am going to try the salmon mousse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think about it when you try it. I think the next time I make it I'm going to add make it similar to a crab dip and may add some cheese and bacon and serve it warm.

      Delete
  4. Yeah Myron! Hopefully you will share a few with your fan club!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ms. Gemini,

    Who knows where this will lead, but I love to entertain to I'll keep ya posted

    ReplyDelete