Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sharing Paula with my Family

So this weekend I decided to take a trip to my home town of Boone, NC. to see my family.  It's been several months since I have seen my mom and dad so I decided to come see them for a few days.  I'm very blessed to have the family I do,  I think I probably have the greatest mom and dad around.  My Mom is the one who actually got me interested in cooking.  I remember growing up, I would always try to help her in the kitchen.  I usually handled all the bake goods, since that's what I liked to eat the most, lol.  But she taught me pretty much everything I know about cooking, and I have to say my mom and Paula Deen are pretty much equal in their abilities and the food is just freaking good.  One reason I have been drawn to Paula, is she reminds me of my mom.  When I watched her on her shows, it almost made me feel like I was back in the kitchen with my own mom.  Anyways, before I get to long winded in this post, my sister decided we should have a cook out later today, so I'm taking this opportunity  to try Paula's Butter Burgers.  So I'll be posting about those very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment