Monday, September 30, 2013

Millions Of Peaches!

Peaches and Cream…need I say more?  I was so excited about this pie. I love peaches and anytime you can pair that with pie it is always going to be great!  Paula’s Peaches and Cream Pie is fantastic and easy to make.  While making this, I didn’t end up cooking it for as long as I needed to, so when I do this again, I will be sure to cook it for a little longer.  This pie is served cool, so it would make a great picnic item. It was not as sweet as I expected, but that was just what you need in a peaches and cream pie.  This will definitely be a summer recipe favorite! My friend Stephen complained that it wasn’t sweet enough and Jill heated hers up a bit.  It works to be heated and also goes well with vanilla ice cream.

Peaches and Cream Pie pg 333.

Place a prepared 9 inch pie crust in a pie plate and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.



Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together 3 cups peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons of instant tapioca and a little salt.  In a small bowl whisk 1 cup heavy cream, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks and 2 teaspoons of vanilla.  Place the peaches in the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over the peaches making sure the peaches are covered.


Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degree then reduce to 350.  This is a step I forgot so I bakes at 350 but had to back a little longer.  Let the pie completely cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment